ChangedFrom the outskirts of the town // Where of old the mile-stone stood,
Now a stranger, looking down // I behold the shadowy crown // Of the dark and haunted wood.
Is it changed, or am I changed? // Ah! the oaks are fresh and green,
But the friends with whom I ranged // Through their thickets are estranged // By the years that intervene.
Bright as ever flows the sea, // Bright as ever shines the sun,
But alas! they seem to me // Not the sun that used to be, // Not the tides that used to run.
Thursday, September 16, 2010
7:17 PM
the secret you know you can never tell
I like you. I have, for some time now. I am just in complete denial. It's weird, this feeling. It's been
so long.
~*~*~*~*~*
I wish I didn't know this particular skeleton in your closet because from the moment I learned of it, I cannot help but look at you differently. I can't help but judge you. You filthy, cheating bastard.
~*~*~*~*~*
It hurts. Damn, it hurts. But I smile and take those insults in stride. I'm strong. Or at least I say I am.
Anonymous, I prefer to be. Who am I? Who are you? Get it? Let's remain anonymous.